BlueWater Issue 119 (SPECIAL CAIRNS 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)
BlueWater Boats & Game Fishing - Issue 119
- Capt Peter Wright: Golden Days with giant black marlin at Cairns
- Capt Peter Bristow: Cairns and the evolution of big-game fishing
- Capt Laurie Wright: Significant change over 50 years at Cairns
- Latest science showing how to find concentrations of black marlin
- How AFMA manages the abundance of black marlin in Australia
- Cairns Game Fishing Hall of Fame: six outstanding people
- Fothering the hole – as experienced by Capt James Cook in 1770
- Dr Pepperell’s Species Insights: Black marlin – updated
- Book Review: Joe Yee and His Lures
- IGFA Rule Book: Electric reel for deep-dropping or downrigging
- Lure Review: Halco’s family of ‘MAX’ bibless swimming lures
- Electronics Review: Raymarine’s Lighthouse II
- Modern electronics to increase your game fishing success
Fifty years of gamefishing for the giant black marlin off Cairns has transformed the sport worldwide.
This special edition of BlueWater boats and game fishing is crammed with features written by the cream of the Cairns pioneers themselves.
Together with stunning photography, these leading captains describe how the enormous marlin off Cairns inspired major improvements in tackle and techniques, advances that can now improve your gamefishing success with all huge fish today.
In this issue you’ll also discover the latest science for catching gamefish, plus tackle and electronics that raise your success to a higher level.
BUY YOUR PRINTED COPY HERE NOW